23 May, 2017
FOCUS DAY: “COLLECTION AND RE-REFINING OF USED OIL”
Registration and morning coffee
KEY RE-REFINING MARKET TRENDS, GROWTH DRIVERS AND RESTRAINTS
- Analysis of waste oil treatment market:
– Global used-oil re-refining outlook and forecast for 2020 – 2025
– Assessment of re-refining volumes of used oil in Russia and CIS
- Which measures should be taken to improve the investment appeal of the re-refining industry and guarantee returns on investments?
- The development of separate waste collection/transportation/treatment system at the federal and regional levels
- Organization and promotion of sales of re-refining products
- State regulation: where does the environmental fee go, how is demand for re-refined products supported, and what are the latest environmental requirements in Russia?
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO ESTABLISH PROFITABLE WASTE OIL RE-REFINING
- Analysing key challenges for a re-refining start-up business. Which mistakes can be avoided?
- Comparative economic and logistical characteristics of separate and non-selective waste oil collection
- Technology of waste synthetic fire-resistant oil treatment
- How to set up collection and quality-based sorting of waste oil
WHAT PROJECTS HAVE ALREADY BEEN CARRIED OUT IN CIS – SUCCESS STORIES
- Overview of the waste oil re-refining industry in Europe: exchange of experience with the leaders – Germany, Italy, Spain
- What influences profitability and long-term sustainability of waste oil re-refining enterprises in CIS states?
- Belarus: results achieved in waste oil collection/re-refining, and further development plans
- An overview of used oil value chain and the first re-refining plant in Uzbekistan
- The first used-oil re-refining plant in Romania: an investment project of Chemie-Tech DMCC from UAE
DISCUSSION: HOW TO OVERCOME SIGNIFICANT CHALLENGES OF THE INDUSTRY
- Lack of domestic technology for waste oil re-refining and high capital/output ratio of overseas tech
- Underdeveloped industry of waste oil collection and slow formation of the regulatory framework
- Various infringements of used oil treatment procedures
- State support mechanisms being oriented towards the interests of refining enterprises & no tax privileges for industry development