09:00 GLOBAL GAS MARKETS: OVERVIEW AND DEVELOPMENT PROSPECTS
- The balance of power in the global gas market: Recent trends, supply and demand, international standing of Russia and the CIS
- What is at stake: Future gas pricing. Where will current uncertainty take us?
- Successful monetization strategies for gas and gas chemical production worldwide: A lesson for the CIS to learn
- Industry trends in the global market of small- and large-scale LNG production
11:00 AMMONIA AND DERIVATIVES
- Investment landscape of nitrogen fertilizers: current and upcoming projects
- Advanced technologies of ammonia derivatives production. International experience of implementation
- Technologies of high-end controlled-release urea fertilizers production. Controlled-release vs slow-release fertilizers
- The case of launching new highly-sustainable ammonia production
- Expanding urea production capacities deeply integrated in the running industry
13:45 IMPROVING EFFICIENCY OF CAPITAL PROJECTS
Case study: Cooperation with Asian banks to secure loans for one of the world’s biggest gas chemical plants in the Russian Far East
- Efficient construction: sound implementation of gas chemical investment projects
- Issues to be considered by market outsiders when carrying out greenfield gas chemical projects
- Construction projects risks. Ways to avoid a crisscross scenario
- Complex projects by foreign EPC contractors in the CIS: Finding a common language with design institutes and project owners
15:45 ENHANCING PLANT COMMERICAL PERFORMANCE
- Using off-gases to produce marketable gas chemical products
- Special presentation: Features of green ammonia production technology. Experience of implementation
- Plant reconstruction: Ways to revive production through smart modernization
- Cutting-edge models of advanced control over combined processing of ammonia and industrial gasses
- Reducing feedstock and energy costs through methanol-ammonia coproduction: the Russian experience
- Raising production efficiency and reducing industry-related emissions with new catalysts
09:00 METHANOL AND DERIVATIVES
- Who is who? Methanol production landscape in the CIS. Production dynamics and capacity growth forecast
- China takes the lead: How long is the methanol market expected to grow to meet the demand for MTO
- (Methanol-to-Olefins) and formaldehyde? China’s market dynamics and demand forecasts
- One of the world’s biggest methanol production projects: Construction of a gas chemical plant in Ust-Luga
- Advanced methanol production technologies: What-if analysis and performance
- Methanol as motor/marine fuel: global trends, prospects for Russia and the CIS
DISCUSSION: What’s the catch? How long is the methanol market expected to grow?
• Amid a growing number of projects, will Russian producers be competitive in Europe?
• Are market growth and demand resilient enough?
• What are the risks related to small- and large-scale methanol production?
11:30 INNOVATIVE GAS MONETIZATION TECHNOLOGY
- Long-term benefits of small-scale GTL (Gas-to-Liquids) production technology in the CIS. Gas monetization experience in US remote fields
- Major GTL plant construction project in Uzbekistan
- Direct catalytic MTO conversion: Benefits and downsides of this technology in the CIS environment
- Polymer-grade propylene production using zeolite catalysts
- Implementation of the MTO technology in the CIS: Project in Uzbekistan
14:15 DISCUSSION: IS THE MTO TECHNOLOGY WORTH IT?
- CIS barriers to technology implementation
- MTO prospects in the region
- Available technologies: Which is better?
16:00 EXPANDING NATURAL GAS CHEMICAL CHAIN AND ADVANCED PROCESSING
Special presentation: Overview of competitive gas monetization options through advanced processing: commodity patterns and production specifics
DISCUSSION: Where there’s a will... Barriers to gas monetization through expanding the chemical chain
- Prospects for value-added products (acetic acid, acetic anhydride, vinyl acetate, methyl methacrylate, PMMA, resins, engineering plastics, MDI, butanediol, etc.)
- Production of formaldehyde chain derivatives (resins, engineering plastics, MDI, butanediol, etc.)
- Logistics barriers to exports of liquid chemicals: inadequate processing and transportation infrastructure
- Can the authorities be counted upon? Instruments and mechanisms of state regulation and support planned to be introduced to promote small- and medium-scale chemistry
- Pricing in the niche market: Seasonality, consumption structure, production shutdown factors, etc.