09:00 GLOBAL GAS MARKETS: OVERVIEW AND DEVELOPMENT PROSPECTS
The balance of power in the global gas market: Recent trends, supply and demand, international standing of Russia and the CIS
The evolving areas of lucrative gas for C1 chemical projects
Senior Gas Analyst
Major ammonia production market trends in Russia
Planning and Analysis, Sales and Distribution
What is at stake: Future gas pricing. Where will current uncertainty take us?
Industry trends in the global market of small- and large-scale LNG production
11:00 AMMONIA AND DERIVATIVES
Session chair: Georgiy Eliseev, Planning and Analysis, Sales and Distribution, Uralchem
Investment landscape of nitrogen fertilizers: current and upcoming projects
LAC – the Linde Ammonia Concept: how to achieve environmentally friendly and safe ammonia production from natural gas or light hydrocarbons?
Senior Sales Manager
Advanced technologies of ammonia derivatives production. International experience of implementation
Technologies of high-end controlled-release urea fertilizers production. Controlled-release vs slow-release fertilizers
13:45 IMPROVING EFFICIENCY OF CAPITAL PROJECTS
Case study: Shchekinoazot project of combined methanol and ammonia production. Experience of boosting project development efficiency by using the latest technology
Head of Gas Processing and Petrochemicals Department
Cooperation with Asian banks to secure loans for one of the world’s biggest gas chemical plants in the Russian Far East
- Efficient construction: sound implementation of gas chemical investment projects
- Issues to be considered by market outsiders when carrying out greenfield gas chemical projects
- Construction projects risks. Ways to avoid a crisscross scenario
- Complex projects by foreign EPC contractors in the CIS: Finding a common language with design institutes and project owners
15:45 ENHANCING PLANT COMMERICAL PERFORMANCE
Special presentation: Features of green ammonia production technology. Experience of implementation
Head of Representative Office, Russia & CIS
From wells to products shipment: How to increase gas monetisation efficiency by using the latest automation technologies
Director for Strategic Business development
Case study: Metafrax Ammonia-Urea-Melamine project – using off-gases to produce marketable gas chemical products
Head of the Process Division
Cutting-edge models of advanced control over combined processing of ammonia and industrial gasses
Raising production efficiency and reducing industry-related emissions with new catalysts
09:00 METHANOL AND DERIVATIVES
Global methanol market overview and drivers: what does it take to stay competitive?
Vice President Methanol & Derivatives
Methanol industry in Russia: will plans stay plans?
Head of Gas and Chemistry
Methanol as motor/marine fuel: global trends, prospects for Russia and the CIS
Chief Operating Officer
DISCUSSION: What’s the catch? How long is the methanol market expected to grow?
• Amid a growing number of projects, will Russian producers be competitive in Europe?
• Are market growth and demand resilient enough?
• What are the risks related to small- and large-scale methanol production?
11:30 INNOVATIVE GAS MONETIZATION TECHNOLOGY
Survey of technologies for the conversion of stranded gas to fuels and chemicals
Major GTL plant construction project in Uzbekistan
Direct catalytic MTO conversion: Benefits and downsides of this technology in the CIS environment
Polymer-grade propylene production using zeolite catalysts
14:15 DISCUSSION: IS THE MTO TECHNOLOGY WORTH IT?
- CIS barriers to technology implementation
- MTO prospects in the region
- Available technologies: Which is better?
16:00 EXPANDING NATURAL GAS CHEMICAL CHAIN AND ADVANCED PROCESSING
Special presentation: Overview of competitive gas monetization options through advanced processing: commodity patterns and production specifics
DISCUSSION: Where there’s a will... Barriers to gas monetization through expanding the chemical chain
- Prospects for value-added products (acetic acid, acetic anhydride, vinyl acetate, methyl methacrylate, PMMA, resins, engineering plastics, MDI, butanediol, etc.)
- Production of formaldehyde chain derivatives (resins, engineering plastics, MDI, butanediol, etc.)
- Logistics barriers to exports of liquid chemicals: inadequate processing and transportation infrastructure
- Can the authorities be counted upon? Instruments and mechanisms of state regulation and support planned to be introduced to promote small- and medium-scale chemistry
- Pricing in the niche market: Seasonality, consumption structure, production shutdown factors, etc.