09:15 Keynote presentation.
Global petrochemicals: Present and future.
Current and future trends in global petrochemicals
Development strategies for petrochemical facilities
McKinsey & Company
09:55 Keynote presentation.
Are politics and business hand and glove?
Is global political instability gaining ground?
China-US trade war: Implications for global industry
Anti-Russian sanctions in O&G: Boon or bane?
10:15 KEYNOTE DISCUSSION: WHAT IS BEYOND THE HORIZON?
What is the next breakthrough in petrochemicals over the coming 15 years?
Life ‘beyond’ base polymers: Is it high time go further downstream for the CIS producers?
Innovative business models to advance production
Regional and global trends in petrochemical feedstock balance
12:00 GLOBAL PETROCHEMICAL INDUSTRY OUTLOOK
PE & PP: Demand Shifts & Growing Integration of Recycled Material
Advantaged feedstocks – developments in the US and Middle East
Vice President Refining, Chemicals & Oil Markets
Tahrir Petrochemicals Corporation: a project of one of the world’s largest single-train naphtha cracker worth $ 10.9 billion in Egypt
Chief Projects Officer
Global competitiveness of the Russian petrochemical sector
14:00 ZERO TO ONE: HOW TO MAKE BIG INVESTMENT DECISIONS IN A HIGH-RISK SECTOR
Regional project owners in the CIS region have been riding an economic and geopolitical rollercoaster for the past several years. As a result, the commercial viability of some of the multi-billion greenfield chemical projects has been called into question. On top of that, the situation is further complicated by the unpredictable regulatory environment of the oil and gas industry. When selecting and approving projects in such a market, regional executives must improve their existing processes and behaviors. The questions is – how?
Best practices in optimising and shortening the cycle of due diligence in petrochemical capital projects
Project Director Refining and Petrochemical Joint Projects Development
How to prioritise when working with uncertainties and risks in the early phase of a capital project
The art of project leadership
McKinsey & Company
- Ways for a project owner to enhance project management flexibility under high risk and uncertainty
- CIS-specific due diligence. What do foreign partners should be aware of?
- Key challenges facing project decision-making before the final investment decision
- Ways to adapt to unpredictable government regulations and tax policies
16:30 PANEL DISCUSSION: THE BIG MONEY FOR BIG PROJECTS. PROJECT FINANCING STRATEGIES
Amid a soaring number of projects, the growing role of Chinese finance in Russia and Central Asia, ongoing sanctions pressure against Russia, and new government support vehicles, the industry faces new challenges and opportunities.
Special presentation: First-ever practical experience in syndicated loan fundraising: A case of a large-scale petrochemical project in Russia
- Effective instruments of attracting big, cheap, and long money for chemical investment projects in the CIS market
- Project financing techniques for elevated risks of ‘screwing up’ and increasingly expensive loans
- Investment cooperation opportunities with China and Asia
09:00 PETROCHEMICAL KNOW-HOW: TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER FOR HIGH VALUE-ADDED CHEMICALS PRODUCTION
Development of high-value petchem production is a familiar tune in the CIS region. Russia, in particular, is one of the countries with big plans aimed at nurturing production further down the petrochemicals value chain. As such, there is clearly an interest, funding, and government support in the market. Yet one big question remains – how do we get the technology? We know licenses are not on sale for most high-tech products from the top of the polymer pyramid, e.g. those based on polysulfones, isocyanates, and organic peroxides. What are the actual ways to procure the technology and develop such production locally?
Special presentation: Successful cases of foreign technology transfer in the petrochemical sector
- What is the potential for partnerships in the CIS region in terms of resource/feedstock supply, technology and product application know-how, and growth-market access?
- Foreign chemical business’ take on setting up JVs in Russia and CIS. What are the current barriers?
- Cooperation prospects with global technology suppliers. Ways to choose the optimal legal and financial framework for a JV
- How can local business build effective R&D and commercialisation?
11:00 WHAT IT TAKES TO ACHIEVE WORLD-CLASS PETROCHEMICAL PRODUCTION
SOCAR Polymer: approach to logistics, sales and technical service
Business Development Manager
Cutting capital costs in petrochemical production through HPPO (Hydrogen-Peroxide-to-Propylene-Oxide) technology
Senior Sales Manager
ThyssenKrupp Industrial Solutions
How the COTC (Crude Oil-to-Chemicals) disruptive technology is re-shaping the global petrochemical industry. COTC implementation prospects: A case of a $20 bln petrochemical project in Saudi Arabia
'Departmentalization' of petrochemicals in a vertically integrated oil and gas company
- Best practices for optimising a petrochemical organisational structure in a major vertically integrated company
- Oil giants establishing a petrochemical division from scratch: Practical examples
- Factors affecting an organisational structure of an oil and gas company
13:45 REFINERY-PETROCHEMICAL INTEGRATION. CAN IT WORK IN THE CIS?
Deciding whether and where integration is commercially attractive or even viable for petrochemical and refinery operations requires careful consideration. In the current market conditions, such integration makes sense for many refineries and can potentially be a reasonable source of feedstock for petchem production. Yet, the current landscape in the CIS region keeps triggering more questions than answers.
Synergy between refining and petrochemical production. What works, what doesn’t, and why?
- Cases of successful integration
- Process efficiency evaluation
- Product and feedstock diversification opportunities
Global Director – Polymers Sub-Sector Lead
- Are there commercially viable scenarios of integrating petrochemical production into brownfield refineries in Russia and the CIS?
- What is the cost performance of various means of integrating refining crude hydrocarbon flows into petrochemical production?
- What are the new designs of production and integration (steam-cracker, light olefins, C5 – C12, heavy aromatic hydrocarbons, etc.)?
- What are the innovative models for product basket optimization?
16:00 PETROCHEMICALS IN THE NEW TECHNOLOGY PARADIGM
Latest developments in the polyolefin licensed technology: PP/PE product developments, high yield monomer conversion, most recent catalyst highlights
Associate Director, Licensing Sales EMEAI
A large-scale project of digitalizing production and business processes. Case study of SIBUR, Russia’s largest petrochemicals holding
Steam-cracker revamp. What are the next steps to be taken after petrochemical modernisation is no longer economically feasible?
Plastics industry dilemma. Why now is a high time to think about biotechnology?